Saturday, September 22, 2007

R.I.P


i haven't been posting because my dell inspiron has finally given up on me. it happened earlier this week - it just refused to start up.

i brought it to the IT guy at work & he said it could be one of few reasons - a virus, a faulty RAM card or it's just outlived it's lifespan. for a 2nd opinion, i brought it to a shop a friend recommended, & the guy, after testing out the RAM card & fiddling a bit here & there, came to the same conclusion - it's most probably time to change, because the repairs would not be cost-effective & there's no guarantee it'll last.

so, i'm sad to announce the passing of my trusty 5-year-old laptop. unless someone out there can "do a lazarus"?

R.I.P : the hard-disc was changed last year, & shortly after, the touch-pad failed, hence the attached mouse.

"When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face." john 11:43,44

2 comments:

just me said...

Praise God! He knows your "need" to get a new laptop and supplies the means to do so from an unexpected source!

doc said...

just me,

it's uncanny how things work out sometimes, but i'm still considering the laptop.