Sunday, December 02, 2007

birthday wish


the other day my mum phoned to wish me a happy birthday. like an annual ritual, she'd be the 1st to call me the nite before, a day ahead of everyone else - well, not that a lot of people remembered!

however, this time she dispensed with the usual pleasantaries & went for the jugular. she remarked : you know, son, i'll never forget you.

wow, my mind went havoc & raced on overdrive, & within milliseconds, ideas were rapidly flashing before me:

1) oh, did i say or do something wrong?
2) was it because i was your 1st born?
3) & caused you hard labour (literally) that you had me delivered by C-section?
4) was it the lie i told you when i was 9 about winning the lottery?
5) was it because i preferred playing football to studying?

before i could put a word in, she revealed this :

it's because you brought Jesus into my life.

for all the wrong i've committed in my life, i guess i did one thing right. my mum said so.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!
May He bless your Mum always!

Happy Belated Birthday, Doc. :)

dobbs said...

I don't think you can ask for a better Birthday wish than that!
Belated Birthday wishes :)

iml said...

Happy BirthDay!!
You have brought love and joy to your mum.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
I'm sorry I missed it...
Goodness, if you had told me it was your birthday, I would have made more of an effort to meet up with you.
Anyway,
Congratulations on turning one year older. =D

doc said...

Jem, Dobbs, Iml & Anastasia,

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday. i still haven't got the conviction to tell my close frens i have accepted Christ. :( I worry I may not make the grade.

My mum accepted Christ ( i think ) on her death bed

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greetings!

May God continue to use you ...for the extension of His kingdom

doc said...

Beng & Just Me,

THANKS!

Chen said...

Happy Belated Birthday :)

doc said...

chen,

THANKS!