Saturday, January 12, 2008

the accountant


it was LC's birthday yesterday. so at the end of our usual friday nite care-group (aka cell-group), instead of the customary cake, we decided commemorate the occasion with something ...er.....small & different. the candle was still there to be blown but he had a gold coin (well, actually a chocolate coin) instead.

as gold was one of the gifts the Wise Men brought for baby Jesus, we hope he will continue to dedicate his life to the Lord. it would be an added bonus if he made lots of money, too.

after all, what would you give an accountant who has (almost) everything?

6 comments:

iml said...

Friendship!

doc said...

iml,

come to think of it, i think he'd be very keen to meet potential spouses for his children, both in their early 20s, & who'd eventually take over the business.

Yan said...

Not only that -

The Lord is his shepherd,
he shall not be in want!

doc said...

yan,

true but i'm sure he wants grandkids too!

just me said...

I remember my bas sekolah days and how the bus driver told me my father asked him not to drive so fast as I will get a headache...

doc said...

just me,

those stuffy overcrowded bas sekolahs of yore weren't very comfortable , i remember!