Thursday, January 10, 2008

trainers


my trainers finally gave way. holes have formed for some months already & still i trudged on but when 1 sole & then the other started peeling off....

.....i knew the end was nigh. after all, it has served me reliably for over 4 years - up & down penang hill & round the jogging track umpteen times. i remembered it was bought in s'pore for SGD49.90 (i've convinced myself that NO trainers are worth more than SGD50 or MYR120) & i have to say i really maxed out this pair!!

already bought a replacement pair when i was in s'pore last month. my daughter said they look gaudy & she wouldn't be caught wearing them.

never mind if it's black & orange - after all, the colours remind me of my favourite star wars villian -


but can you get another at this price??


kids, what do they know about going the full distance on a shoestring??

3 comments:

iml said...

Truly well worn pair of old shoes!

doc said...

iml,

i wish my kids would emulate me, but the girl is under peer pressure & the boy is too young to know.

Anonymous said...

4 yrs for yr shoes? my dog would in the course of a yr or two notice my shoes in a moment of my absentmindedness n it is gone :( never reached the grand daddy status of yr shoes.

the elderly Indon lady is most fortunate.

a moment of reflection: coming back here made me realize i know more abt yr life than some of my family..the failure to keep in touch...blogging brings ppl together as they share n blog abt their lives.

Hey brother: make this CNY a memorable one for yr kids!