Thursday, March 27, 2008

man in the mirror?


t
oday he showed his true colours again.

he demonstrated his gung-ho antics, trying to execute a procedure he was not properly trained to do...when he should have solicited his subspecialty colleague for assistance;

he belittled his assistants when they brought him equipment he was not familiar with....when he knows deep inside him that without them, he could not proceed;


he started blaming the patient for presenting with a difficult problem....when he should realise that this patient (& many others) will contribute to his next overseas vacation;


would you like this person to be your doctor?


i hope...no, i pray that i was not staring into a mirror.

3 comments:

Kyels said...

I'm sure you're a better doctor than that person. And no, I wouldn't want such a doctor b/c my life is at stake.

Kyels said...

I wouldn't want such a doctor b/c my life would be at stake. It's like my body is being put upon a gambling table. And I think you're a better doctor than that person. You know it better than I do.

(:

doc said...

kyels,

unfortunately, you may not see the true colours during the brief period at the consultation room when all seemed hunky dory.

Mr Hyde only appears when things aren't going well.