Friday, February 13, 2009

the lovers, the dreamers & me


have you, like me, always thought that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was a story you only told to kids? well, wonder no more, because someone actually photographed the end of a rainbow in california (read here) & there's certainly no glitter in sight.


i learned of the significance of rainbows at different times of my life....

when i was young, i was told never to point your finger at one, or it'll get chopped off (how, i don't know as i've never put that myth to the test)......

in primary school, i had to remember all 7 colours of the rainbow in its order....

in bible school, it was the sign that there will never be another Great Flood, the tsunami notwithstanding....

and then, Kermit the frog sang of the Rainbow Connection...




Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. Gen 9:16

6 comments:

iml said...

No pot of Gold!!! One of my all time favourite song. Kenny Loggin made a rendition of this song too.

doc said...

Iml,

isn't amazing how Jim Henson made it all look so life-like?

Anonymous said...

I've always liked rainbows. My relatives once told me when I was a kid that if I see a rainbow, I'll get lucky. I'm not too sure how true is that though but the colors will always be able to cheer me up.

:D

Anonymous said...

The rainbow is but a reminder of the pot of gold God has given us.
Of course there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, there's one at the start too.

doc said...

Kyels,

everything will be fine - just trust in God.

doc said...

Anastasia,

a pot of gold at the beginning would lessen the determination, not to mention spoiling the fun, of looking for one at the end of it.