that's the name of the good bacteria that's supposed to promote healthy bowels & is one of the "probiotics", a group of organisms used for medicinal purposes. this is commonly found in cultured drinks that's advertised extensively & is widely available in most supermarkets.
and kids just love them. i myself find it's just too sweet for good health but i digress.
today, we had a 4-year-old girl in hospital just from drinking that. no, the bacteria didn't cause her harm but the straw did. did you notice that the straws that come with these bottles of cultured milk are much stiffer, in order that they may pierce thru the foil-top? this poor girl was enjoying her drink when she tripped & fell, causing the straw (the blunt end) to pierce thru the inside of her mouth.
the puncture wound had to be surgically stitched up. & it will be the most expensive bottle of lactobacillus cultured drink anyone ever bought!
so, parents, warn your kids NEVER run, hop or skip, even with plastic utensils in their mouths!