Sunday, November 16, 2014

helping someone start a car


there are a few extra stuff i keep in my car.....

1) torchlight & umbrella;

2) spare cash;

3) spare bottle of plain water (for washer reservoir) AND battery water;

4) cloth gloves (for tyre change);

5) battery starter cables &;

6) a big stick (for self-defence);

i don't have a small fire extinguisher which would be useful as well.

i was at the petrol station today when i saw someone trying to start up a car with battery cables but for some reason, it didn't work. still, i was quite impressed that someone kept those cables handy. i have used my own cables twice & it successfully got the car started both times. so, i thought i'd find out why. apparently, one of the cable wasn't placed firmly on the battery terminal. a clue would be to see sparks fly when you attach the cables.

once that clip was readjusted, the car started at the 2nd attempt.

ah....my good deed for the day!

6 comments:

Small Kucing said...

I have gotta remember this. Dont have cables in my car.

mun said...

What a good deed! The person trying to start the car must be very grateful to you for solving it. :)

TZ said...

I always have the crocodile clip in case my battery flat or someone's battery flat which needed help

doc said...

S.Kucing,

these cables are useful not only for helping others but also yourself!! who knows, should your battery run flat, anyone can just help out since you have the cables.

doc said...

Mun,

he felt good, I felt even better!

;)

doc said...

TZ,

good show!!