Friday, June 20, 2008

2 sides to a coin.

it was all over in 2 mins.







dropped by the little-known post office at the shopping mall this afternoon. it was opened this year & not many shoppers know of its existence as it occupies a quiet corner on the 1st floor. took the money order form from the counter, filled in the personal details, didn't even have to queue as there wasn't one, & within seconds of checking my IC with the computer screen, i have RM625 in my hands.

it's not a lot & yet it's a lot.

it's not a lot because it only subsidizes to the tune of RM52 a month, or just 19 lit of petrol at today's price, which doesn't take you far but every little bit helps.

yet, it's a lot because i've never in my dear life ever, ever made that amount of money in just 2 mins. just for filling a form & giving a thumb print.

so, should i be dissatisfied, or grateful to the govt's "kind gesture"?

8 comments:

Yan said...

Be thankful to our Lord, I would say. For it means you have a car to move you around! Many do not have.

doc said...

yan,

i say "AMEN" to that!

iml said...

Doc:
Neither have I. Made a quick call home to be sure my mum and dad are aware of this.

doc said...

iml,

only those whose car road-tax was due in april & may this year can collect the rebate now. those due from june onwards can only collect from july 1.

Anonymous said...

Though it's not much but getting it is better than nothing. I'd be grateful w/that amount for sure. For their "kindness". LOL!

[:

doc said...

kyels,

yes, every bit helps & now that i've got the cold hard cash, i should just appreciate it!

Bkworm said...

I echo Yan's thought....hmm...coz I am one of those who doesn't have a car...so no extra RM625 for me. ;)

doc said...

bkworm,

thks for your comment.

for some, a car is more a burden than a help in these trying times.