Saturday, July 06, 2013

DIL


how else to explain this?

another sms from the daughter....

me : isn't the passport with you? (how did you leave the country without it...duhh!)

she : oh yeah, what was i thinking?

me : not about your studies, i would think!!!

DIL is the acronym for Dangerously Ill List & relatives of critically ill patients are asked to acknowledge this in writing.

it's also applied to young people caught up in throes of teenage emotions where it stands for....

Deeply In Love.

11 comments:

wenn said...

my first thought - daughter-in-law :)

kc said...

lol - maybe she has too much on her mind

Yan said...

Daughter in law, I thought. So, I quickly hopped over to read about DIL, being one - not-so-good one.

Deeply in love - that will make MIL very happy. I will remember that when dealing with inlaws and outlaws.

doc said...

KC,

yeah, she wasn't thinking, that's for sure!

doc said...

Yan,

love conquers all & i wish you the very best!

Michelle Mak said...

my nursing educator here also will tell me "michelle stop DIL, back to work!" every after my off days when i spend with ahem him hahahaha... u guys arrr.. always use weird words on us nowadays hahah

The thumb in every pie said...

Aiyoyo..why lah so suspicious. I am sure it's just a case of exam pressures, inadequate/sleep and the like. Heehee

doc said...

Mich,

you have (ahem) him?? well, congrats!!!

doc said...

Andrea,

I've known her since the day she was born.... it's a guy, maybe more than 1 even.

after all, it's that age when things go a bit ...er... haywire.

Michelle Mak said...

hahhaha yupss so far so good into the 5th month now.. both side parents gave us their nod to go ahead with this relationship already.. :) and his parents is loving me alot.. as well as my parents loving him like their own son.. zzzz

doc said...

Mich,

all the best!

God bless!