Sunday, June 17, 2007

On-call on Father's Day


i am on-call this weekend, so i missed out on the Father's Day presentation at church by the kids.
















it's heartwarming to see them up on stage in a public display of affection, so i had the girl take some photos in my absence (it's obvious she needs more practice!)

all fathers were presented a gift each as well.






















hmm, what's the relevance of a packet of groundnuts & a bunch of bananas?? maybe it's the attached message that counts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind taking the groundnuts :)
if you want to share.

Happy Father's Day - belated one, if it's from Malaysia. Probably, I would say it's from New York - then, I make it!

doc said...

yan,

thks for the greeting. are you in NY??

when do you want to claim the nuts?

LX said...

Such interesting and creative gift. My church gave a bottle of bubbles to mothers on Mothers' Day last month, cos mothers are like bubbles (round when pregnant, colourful etc.. can't remember).

just me said...

I also love nuts, especially cashew nuts!

The groundnuts symbolise longetivity . Bananas? as they prevent constipation, maybe to signify a smooth- sailing journey of fatherhood??

doc said...

lynnx,

for some unknown reasons, mother's day is more widely celebrated than father's day. is that the case with your church?

doc said...

just me,

interesting symbolization of the banana.

i'm a nut lover myself,esp coconut. (read : bounty chocolates)