Saturday, March 24, 2012

next time, drink beer from a can?

people accidentally swallow a variety of stuff. children swallow pieces of toys while adults, dentures, chicken & fish bone. so they come to hospital to have them removed under general anaesthesia.

this chap had a drinking session till late one nite. he must have been stoned drunk because he didn't realise anything wrong till the following afternoon. he felt something stuck in his throat.

his xray showed this:

the close-up:

and yes, he did remember he had quite a few rounds of heineken:
it would definitely be the most expensive bottle-cap in the world - once he gets the hospital bill!!

however, i doubt if he would drink beer out of cans after this. how else is he going to get the pretty promoter girls in tight skirts to serve him? heh, heh!

18 comments:

wenn said...

oh my goodness..

Tempus said...

omgoodness the stupidity of the human race!

Michelle Mak said...

*faint* surprisingly he didnt die immediately due to airway obstruction eh...

Unicorn Girl said...

U gotta to be kidding ?! haahaahaa !

Anny said...

wow, the things that people put in their mouths. thanks for posting this kisah benar :)

pilocarpine said...

u can reli advertise for heineken..

"Heineken, it's so good, u wanna take all in"

doc said...

Wenn,

oh yes, we do get a few odd ones over the years.

doc said...

Tempus,

not stupid, just stoned drunk & didn't realise the cap has fallen into his glass.

doc said...

Mich,

he didn't choke because he swallowed the cap but it got stuck in the oesophagus.

doc said...

UG,

no kidding - xrays don't lie.

doc said...

Anny,

this was accidental & yes, people ought to be more careful what's in their glasses.

doc said...

Pilocarpine,

cynical but good one!

Yvonne Foong said...

Lucky him! It didn't cause his airway to shut and it could be easily identified through xray!

Small Kucing said...

pengsan! mabuk till the cap also drank...

doc said...

Yvonne,

had the cap entered the windpipe instead, he would have choked.

doc said...

Small Kucing,

that's what happens when stoned drunk.

Cara Lim said...

Doc, drinking from a can might not be a good idea either. Every summer, there would be people being rushed to A&E 'coz they swallowed a bee that had ventured into their can of drinks.

doc said...

Cara,

gee...what are the chances of that happening? perhaps bees are like men - always attracted to dark orifices.

:P