Tuesday, June 13, 2006

1st blog

this is my 1st ever blog.

the hippocrate's oath, which by & large governs the practice of medical doctors, provides several guiding principles for which the latter are admonished to adhere. For example, to revere his (refers just as much to her) Teacher (not in the same context as in da vinci code) as much as his parents, to give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, and not divulge all that he sees or hears in the life of men, just to name 3.

really, i can't remember, for the life of me, all that hippocrate had wanted me to be. but what i do know, deep in my heart, is that above anything & everything else, i must do no harm to those who seek my expertise in the art of healing.

but while we are frequently inspired by great & mighty acts of heroism and ingenuity in medicine, which may have contributed to the high esteem accorded to doctors & which may also have resulted in the scrambling for medical places in the varsities, i hope to share with you instances, circumstances & experiences that reveal doctors are as human as the next person. we laugh & cry, revel & suffer. & we have made errors of judgement with unfortunate outcomes.

join me, won't you?

7 comments:

just me said...

Enjoy reading your posts..so write on!

doc said...

just me,

ho-ho, you traced me right to the beginning!

yes, i hope to continue to write as the ideas come. sometimes, the mind is a BLANK. like now.

nyonyapenang said...

am reading you from post no. satu. :)

doc said...

hi nyonya,

thks for starting at the beginning. feel free to comment.

HappySurfer said...

Hi Doc, first off, welcome to the world of blogging. I thought I'd start from the very beginning too. Thank you for stopping by.

HappySurfer said...

Congrats on your daughter's achievement, Doc.

doc said...

happysurfer,

thks for the welcome, kind comments & meeting me right at the beginning - reminds me of that richard marx-donna lewis duet "at the beginning".

hope to be a happy surfer, too.

cheers.