Sunday, November 30, 2008

fictitious reunion




hawaii 5-0 was a really popular cops-and-robbers TV series in the late 60s, not least because of the infectious theme music. it probably prompted my primary school classmate to write this in my autograph book :

"hawaii 5-0" here referred to a girl in the next class who demonstrated her prowess as a hula dancer, grass skirt & all, in a school talentime contest. one whom we all had a crush on. ok, actually, it's just me.


this year, all my classmates of that primary school & the secondary school after that, would be 50 years old. in my imagination, we would be having our grand reunion by the beach of waikiki, lazing beneath palm trees & sipping pina colada. so i thought of hawaii 5-0, not the tv series nor that girl, but the fictitious reunion.
so guys & gals, wherever you are, have a grand & blessed 50th birthday this year. because, tomorrow, i shall be joining your ranks. woo-hoo...!!

p/s. the last i heard, hawaii 5-0 (the girl) was working as a tour guide back in my hometown. & i did take my classmate's advice seriously - it was many, many years later before i thought of money or love. anyway, for the 1st time, i managed to embed this video from youtube, so savour it....


No comments: