Friday, December 14, 2007

Children's Xmas Do



you know it's year-end when the kindergartens have their open days & churches hold the Xmas functions. i've always harboured a soft spot for the children's program, held over 2 days recently.


the 1st, held in church, we had singing...


story-telling....


children participation....


lighting up candles.....


our version of the newborn King...


somehow, it always conclude with food & fellowship


the 2nd was held at a rubber estate as part of our outreach program. there was some excess funds which was used to purchase presents for children.





trying to get the correct-sized sandals for the kids.

after all, what is christmas without sharing??
blessed christmas one & all!

14 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Yes, Christmas is the time for food and fellowship!

doc said...

SAHM,

ideally, the former should not take precedence over the latter!!

Anonymous said...

My friend,

Thanks for your kind words at my blog. Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

http://www.mylongkang.com/2007/12/15/sibu-christmas-procession-2007/

fibrate said...

Merry Xmas, Doc! :D

doc said...

anonymous @ beng,

blessed christmas to you, mrs BB & BH, too.

doc said...

fibrate,

blessed christmas to you & the family!!

sbanboy said...

Blessed Christmas to you and your family :)

doc said...

sbanboy,

blessed christmas to you & your family, too!

just me said...

Blessed Christmas to you and family.

Am doing my first duty as usher this christmas in church and a helper to serve lunch after service...surely a reminder to me that I am to follow in my Saviour's footsteps on that day and always!

doc said...

just me,

very few things on earth exceed the pleasure in serving the Lord in sincerity.

may you not only follow His footsteps but carry your cross as well, as you continue to serve Him.

blessed christmas!

Josh said...

Hi bro, this is my first time reading your blog. Interesting to read.
Being christian myself, I'm quite sensitive to the word Xmas. the X actually mean 'no christ'. Thus Xmas mean a celebration without Christ. No pun intended. Just my personal thought.

By the way, wishing u and your family a blessed Christmas and fruitful new year.

doc said...

hi josh,

thks for your comment. i myself have some reservation about using "xmas" & i only used it as a short-form.

i took it upon myself then to look up the origins of "xmas" & you can also check it up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
http://www.christmaspast.info/forums/ Main01/messages/647932485.html

thks again for expressing your concern. blessed christmas to you & your family!

just me said...

Phil 1 v 29

Believing and suffering go together.

doc said...

just me,

thks for the verse.