1) MAS flies twice daily direct to Heathrow;
2) frequent train/bus connections into London & beyond;
3) hotels & car rentals can be booked online;
4) people are generally friendly, courteous & honest;
5) people EXPECT you to be friendly, courteous & honest;
6) free entry into London museums ;
7) travel cheap on the bus/train/underground after 9.30am on weekdays & all day on weekends;
8)some cities charge high parking fees, & therefore provide good Park & Ride services - one fee includes car parking with bus ride into the city;
9) almost always a sainsbury/tesco/asda/morrison everywhere you go, some are opened 24/7;
10) almost always a good offer if you search hard enough;
11) a paradise if you love sandwiches;
even better in summer when the sun rises around 5.30am & sets 9.30pm.....
which gives you at least SIXTEEN hours to explore!!