Wednesday, July 01, 2009
who are the real killers?
(1) the number of physicians in the US is 700,000
(2) accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000
(3) accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
**statistics courtesy of US dept of health & human services**
(1) the number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000
(yes, that's 80 million!!)
(2) the number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500
(3) the number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188
**statistics courtesy of FBI**
so, statistically, doctors are about 900 times more dangerous than gun owners!!
so REMEMBER : guns don't kill people, doctors do!
FACT : not everyone has a gun but almost everyone has at least one doctor....
ACTION : we must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!
however, out of concern for the public at large, i withheld statistics on LAWYERS for fear that the shock would cause people to panic & seek medical attention!!
**disclaimer** i received this email from a colleague but can't verify its authenicity**
check out more statistics on gun violence here and medical errors here.