Sunday, November 18, 2007

decision, decision.

although i wasn't looking for anything in particular, i stumbled upon this at the local bookstore this afternoon:

a hard-cover edition of the 2nd of his prison trilogy.
in north america, it retailed at...


...but here it was being sold for....

...with another 10% off with the discount card. it's a "steal" by any standard, & as a sworn Archer die-hard, i should grab it before someone else does.

but (sigh) i didn't. i don't think entries like :

"6.03am : woke up & wrote for 2 hours...
8.34am : had corn-flakes with UHT milk for breakfast..."

are going to fire the imagination & keep me at the edge of my seat.

it was a difficult decision to make but i'll pass this one.
maybe i'm not a die-hard after all.

6 comments:

iml said...

Read the 3 books. Parts of it are Not suitable for under 16. The books gave a better understanding on what the author a respectable member parliment had to endure both mental and physical and Survive. An insight on the prisoners and the going ons of a prison. Writing had kept his sanity. I believe he is ever stronger and humble person.

Anonymous said...

But... it's so cheap!
It's like only 12 dollars!
Ha ha.

Maybe the autographed copy has satisfied your "gian" for a while.

doc said...

iml,

hmm....maybe i should have another look at the book.

thks for the tip.

doc said...

anastasia,

so it's not the price that i base my decision to buy a book, but if this were 4th Estate or 11th Commandment, i would have grabbed it before you could say,"popular card"!

just me said...

Last Saturday afternoon, I let a few copies of Jeffrey Archer's slip through my fingers too..even though they were sold at a steal, at RM 1 and RM2 because the pages looked so old and yellow ....I have already read them but was wondering whether to buy to keep but didn't in the end

doc said...

just me,

i wonder which book sale you went to.

now that my daughter is starting to read my books as well, i have another reason to purchase rather than borrow.