Tuesday, April 01, 2008

april 1

this is what this day means to me....

50 years ago.....my dear
parents married each other.

11 years ago....i commenced private practice.


today, i am a new car owner....err, what i meant is that i'm the new owner of a 7-yr- old car. it's true - all this time i've been using someone else's (no, not the wife's) car & today, the car is officially transferred to my name.


it can be quite a hassle - the transfer, i mean. 1st, have to get motor insurance, then the car has to be inspected by Puspakom to ensure that it is running condition & not a kereta potong. this process can take up the whole day & my worldly-wise mechanic recommended to me his regular "runner", who required only the car registration & keys, & he'll do the rest. after that, the runner will meet with the existing owner & prospective buyer (ie. yours truly) at the JPJ to sign the transfer forms in the presence of an officer & voila!.....i've got a set of wheels to my name.....woo-hoo!

never mind if it's just a....errr......


believe me, this is not an april fool's prank. i've even got the runner's bill to prove it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your parents on their Golden Wedding Anniversary! :D

Congrats on the 11th Anniversary of your own practice. :)

Congrats on your 3rd day as an owner of a car! :p

doc said...

jems,

thanks for your kind wishes.

seriously, it's just a date. what's important is that, my parents continue to trust in the Lord as they age gracefully together, that i put the patients' well-being above my own interests, & that i drive carefully at all times.

iml said...

24 years ago on this day, my STPM results were released. I remembered, cos, I called my friend and had to convinced her it's not a JOKE!!
11 years ago maternal grandma passed on.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your parents! I salute and admire couples who can keep their r/s up and running albeit there may have been ups and downs along the way.

And ... Congratulations for finally having the car transferred to your name. Hehe!

:D

doc said...

iml,

we are April 1st people, aren't we??

doc said...

kyels,

thanks. wanna ride???

;)

stay-at-home mum said...

My in-laws got married on 1 april 46 years ago!!! Then they went by the chinese date. It was auspicious, i guess!

just me said...

Is the the faithful 7-year-old car which takes you up north?

Ask parents for the secret of their marital bliss and blog about it? Congratulations to them

doc said...

SAHM,

hmm..maybe it was also an auspiscious (chinese) date for my parents, too.

doc said...

just me,

no, we take the other (slightly bigger) 7-yr-old when we go out-station.

i think the previous generation stay married longer because they just love each other, plain & simple. we could learn much from them.

Yan said...

This has no connotation whether to sex or to the Malaysian-made car - but just an co-incidence that it was on 1st April, and also in the car. My 12-year-old son, Chris said,

Do you know why I must remember to wear underwear to school today?

Why? Curious mum must ask.

The answer?

Because it's April's fool day, and the classmates will pull down someone's pants!

I nearly drove into the road driver (this is an exaggeration), such culture for April's Fool day?

doc said...

yan,

kids aren't kids if they don't display childish behaviour, but i'm surprised 12-yr-old schoolboys nowadays still wear pants with elastic bands.