Thursday, April 10, 2008

bird #3 - the one that flew away

peter & paul.

nope, not the beatles.


neither the apostles.


i remember reciting poetry in primary 1, which went something like this:

2 little dickie birds sitting on the wall,
one called peter, one called paul,
fly away peter, fly away paul,
come back peter, come back paul.

so, like peter & paul, bird #3 actually flew away...to the motherland.

to recap the morale of the story :
a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush,
but 2 birds in hand is even better.

therein, concludes my own little trilogy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little trilogy though.

(:

doc said...

kyels,

thanks, but i doubt if steven spielberg would want to direct this.

;)

Anonymous said...

Then you'll just have to hit bird three with another stone. =)

doc said...

anastasia,

maybe bird #3 needs 3 stones to hit!

Bengbeng said...

there was a kindergarten in Seang Tek Road penang where i learned this poem 41 years ago. I havent heard it again until today. oh my gosh. brings back so many memories. i was beaten up so bad on my first day by a Mr Poh bcoz i was afred n cried for my mum hahahahah

doc said...

beng,

bet you remebered baa baa black sheep & humpty dumpty as well.

that mr poh was a real bully, wasn't he?

Bengbeng said...

he wasnt ready for the task of dealing with children i think..unfortunately he had a sad end.. he was loading some stuff for a boat in KK, lost his footing n passed away a few years later.

i jus want to share something with u..recently my family has been in turmoil and I thot of u...yrs being a Christian blog n propagating Christian values.

in a way u were instrumental in my accepting Christ April last year.

doc said...

beng,

i want to thank you for sharing your stories in your blog as well.

send me an email & let me know how else i can encourage you in these difficult times.

i'm certain you'll find inspiration in yan's blog also.