Wednesday, August 19, 2009

dust to dust

at the crematorium, each of us bade our final farewell before the casket was put through the furnace. my son's brave assertion, in between sobs, said it all:

"bye bye, gong-gong. i love you."












".....for
dust you are and to dust you will return."
gen 3:19

PS. my late father's ashes will be brought back to JB to fulfill his final wish. his framed photo that was used for the funeral would be hung on the wall facing our front door, to fulfill my son's earnest wish - that he can say "goodbye" to gong-gong as he goes to school & "hello" when he comes home.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey bro,

My condolence.....sincerely

Eugene

Jo said...

what a sweet boy you have. :)

doc said...

Eugene,

thanks, bro!

doc said...

Jo,

would your girls like to meet the sweet boy??

;)

zewt said...

Sorry for being late...

My condolences, doc.

doc said...

Zewt,

no worries & thanks.

Anonymous said...

doc,

belated condolences.

psalms 116 v15

just me

doc said...

Just me,

thanks.