Wednesday, June 10, 2009

thanks.


thanks to all who have sent messages of encouragement & interceded in prayer on behalf of my father. he is still in ICU & recovery has been slow. he does not need any respiratory assistance now but is still dependent on inotropic (literally, heart pumping) support.

every cloud has a silver lining, they say. of the many things i learned from this difficult period, the one that stood out is my son's care & concern for his grandpa. he wants to visit everyday & has lots of questions to ask at the bedside. at the end of each visit, he will offer a prayer for him, & for the other patients, doctors & nurses.

i ask for nothing more.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them. psalm 127:4,5

8 comments:

just me said...

This is a time of testing,

deliberate in your spirit to

follow psalms 50 v23 and

it is so encouraging that your son

is demonstrating the reality of

genesis 41v 52( may you all

experience it) ""...God has made me

me FRUITFUL in the land of my

suffering."

God bless

iml said...

Your son indeed is a caring and compassionate young man.

ilene said...

Your son is truly and ecouragement to have at a time like this.

My prayers are with you. You take care DOC.

ilene said...

BTW DOC, hope you don't mind, I've linked you to my blog. Thanks.

fishtail said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he does not suffer pain.

doc said...

Dear Just me, Iml, Ilene & Fishtail,

thanks again for your kind words.

God bless you all!

sbanboy said...

How is your father now ? I will keep you guys in prayer. Do take care.

Dont forget to take care of youself. God bless.

doc said...

Sbanboy,

thanks.

he's running the home stretch now. he'll be HOME soon.